Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Oh man, I thought you guys would love my idea
    Hey, the DFO wants fishing boats to have live feed cameras on them so they can monitor us from Ottawa, maybe all passenger cars should be doing the same?
    Much better idea than the mandatory breathalyzers I think - that was a dumb idea.
    Live feed cameras are way too man-hour demanding.
    Just give everyone a chip with GPS and a blood analyzer?

Alcohol in your system? That's not allowed.
    Chip deactivates the ignition on your car.

Adrenalin in your system? That's not allowed.
    Here's a tranquilizer to calm you down.

Feelings of anger towards the government? That's not allowed.
    Here's a tranquilizer to calm you down.

THC in your system? That's allowed.
    Here's your pre-marked ballot, allowing us to continue our Liberal Continued Utopian National Trancendence Scheme.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Rory McCanuck

LB303 (12-07-2018)

Completely Useless Nitwit TyrantS, all of them
    "If we had a vote tomorrow I would vote, once again, to keep the Registry..." - Justin Trudeau
    "... if Canadians are to trust their government, their government needs to trust Canadians." - Justin Trudeau

4. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By LB303

Rory McCanuck (12-07-2018), ruger#1 (12-07-2018), TheMerlin (12-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Oh man, I thought you guys would love my idea
    Hey, the DFO wants fishing boats to have live feed cameras on them so they can monitor us from Ottawa, maybe all passenger cars should be doing the same?
    Much better idea than the mandatory breathalyzers I think - that was a dumb idea.
    damnit lone-wolf, what did I just say?

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    The RCMP out this way, Sit on overpasses with spotting scopes. That's how they nail you for drinking, And using the cell phone. Used to be fun listening to them before they went digital. I can still listen to the police in the USA.
    I had to look up what you were talking about, since I can listen to them here. Seems they've gone encrypted so citizens cant listen there... guess they don't like us plebes being informed. IMO police, fire and ambulance radios should all be public.

Quote Originally Posted by LB303 View Post
    Why the .05 'warning' in the first place? I like the simplicity of binary logic.
    I believe in Germany, where they have been known to enjoy the odd beer, there is ZERO blood alcohol permitted when driving.
    The .05 Warning exists because it makes the government lots of money. That's it. Nuthin' to do with safety. Hell, ICBC even sponsors the roadblocks cuz they are a cash cow for 'em.

A limit of zero? So what happens if you've got mouthwash on your breath? what happens if you're at .01 after waiting for four hours? Aside from the fact that probably everybody would end up with a DUI, pubs would probably all go out of business, and drunk drivers would continue to ignore the law and drive drunk anyway; this would just be a nightmare for citizens because so many people would end up with a criminal record for having the smallest amount of alcohol in their body. Not to mention the curtailing of freedom.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456