Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Results 131 to 136 of 136

Thread: 3 Gun Calgary

  1. #131
    Senior Member Grimlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    823
    A mag fed shotgun will put you into open in almost any league. That is an excuse to buy more cool stuff, namely dots.

  2. #132
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    69
    I am new at 3 gun and I have seen most mag fed shotguns crap the bed in competition?

    Might be the operators.

    Good to see a three gun thread!

  3. #133
    Canadian ForcesMember Grizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    A mag fed shotgun will put you into open in almost any league. That is an excuse to buy more cool stuff, namely dots.
    So, if you want to use a red dot, you will automatically be in open? I've not totally decided on that yet but I am having some issues with seeing the front site......may just be more practice on my part but, a red dot might resolve it as well. Problem is I also don't want to start in open and get slaughtered either!!

    Well, that sucks about the shotgun because I would have liked to use it but now I guess I will sadly have to get another one....any recommendations? One of my friends wants to compete as well with me...does he need a BB course? Also, are there and shoots in town? With our work schedule, and the requirement to be nearby while on call, driving all the way out to the old "public range" area can be a bit too far.
    Last edited by Grizz; 12-05-2018 at 06:41 PM.

  4. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by Corney View Post
    I am new at 3 gun and I have seen most mag fed shotguns crap the bed in competition?

    Might be the operators.

    Good to see a three gun thread!
    Out of curiosity, what are you seeing go wrong with them? Feed/jamming related issues?
    "The most important thing to do in your life is to not interfere with someone else's life"

    -- Frank Zappa

  5. #135
    Senior Member Grimlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    So, if you want to use a red dot, you will automatically be in open? I've not totally decided on that yet but I am having some issues with seeing the front site......may just be more practice on my part but, a red dot might resolve it as well. Problem is I also don't want to start in open and get slaughtered either!!

    Well, that sucks about the shotgun because I would have liked to use it but now I guess I will sadly have to get another one....any recommendations? One of my friends wants to compete as well with me...does he need a BB course? Also, are there and shoots in town? With our work schedule, and the requirement to be nearby while on call, driving all the way out to the old "public range" area can be a bit too far.
    A dot on a shotgun will put you in open in any competition I know of. Open is not necessarily the harder or more competitive division. It depends on who else shows up. Often the 'low end' division has the best shooters in it. Open can be the most expensive, but there are some pretty cheap pistols with dots these days. If you're not in the top 20%, you might as well shoot what you like and have fun. Black Badge would come down to local club rules, because IPSC doesn't do 3 gun.

  6. #136
    Canadian ForcesMember Grizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    A dot on a shotgun will put you in open in any competition I know of. Open is not necessarily the harder or more competitive division. It depends on who else shows up. Often the 'low end' division has the best shooters in it. Open can be the most expensive, but there are some pretty cheap pistols with dots these days. If you're not in the top 20%, you might as well shoot what you like and have fun. Black Badge would come down to local club rules, because IPSC doesn't do 3 gun.
    Regardless of what division I end up shooting I am just out to have fun but I would also like to eventually win once in a while.....hahahahaha. As for price, I am not rich but I am also not on a budget by any means. I have several "tools" to choose from in each category with the exception of a shotgun as I've never really been into them. The red dot(s) would only be for a "brighter and bigger" visual reference for faster target acquisition as, while I am still young, my eyesight is not what it was 10 years ago....I now need a light prescription to help focus targets at a distance.

    As for the BB, I would only be shooting in Alberta (Calgary) but will hold off and stat competing if I don't need it right away. If I need it, it will become more of a priority

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Similar Threads

  1. Hello from Calgary!
    By Ngyukon in forum Greeting and Introduction
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-08-2015, 05:18 PM
  2. Hello from Calgary
    By Metric Warrior in forum Greeting and Introduction
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-22-2013, 04:47 AM
  3. Hello from Calgary
    By 444shooter in forum Greeting and Introduction
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 06:33 PM
  4. Howdy from Calgary - I met some of the GOC crew at the Calgary Gun Show
    By Mr. Spectacular in forum Greeting and Introduction
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 04:10 AM
  5. Hello from Calgary...
    By yyc_ranger_4x4 in forum Greeting and Introduction
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-09-2012, 02:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •