Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Niklasky View Post
    How so ? Can you be specific about the answers you got from the RCMP ?

They usually ask you to tell your references to call in. What changed ?
    You can call them and ask if there is anything missing or if they any information but you cannot make your references call them until they ask for.

My references were not called. Neither they contacted me. I got my new license in 45 days.

Best is to wait and call every 3 days to get an update. No point making references call them . They might not even need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post
    You can call them and ask if there is anything missing or if they any information but you cannot make your references call them until they ask for.

My references were not called. Neither they contacted me. I got my new license in 45 days.

Best is to wait and call every 3 days to get an update. No point making references call them . They might not even need it.
    Oh I fully agree with you. No point asking your references to call before the RCMP has told you it was time.

But once your file has passed initial stages and is in process, it's pretty safe to ask them for it.

Oh I fully agree with you. No point asking your references to call before the RCMP has told you it was time.

But once your file has passed initial stages and is in process, it's pretty safe to ask them for it.
    Yeah. I called them twice after status changed to in progress. Both times I was told that my pictures was sent out for scanning. I was hesitant to ask if they need my references to call in. But I did not bother because they din't say anything either. Next thing I know my license was approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post
    Yeah. I called them twice after status changed to in progress. Both times I was told that my pictures was sent out for scanning. I was hesitant to ask if they need my references to call in. But I did not bother because they din't say anything either. Next thing I know my license was approved.
    You are lucky. I'm 5 weeks in and still nothing on the RCMP website.

You are lucky. I'm 5 weeks in and still nothing on the RCMP website.
    Have you contacted them yet? I called them exactly after 28 days were over and it appeared the next day. Could be pure coincidence.

Yeah I called them. They said my file had not been entered in the system yet, and to call back in a week.

Yeah I called them. They said my file had not been entered in the system yet, and to call back in a week.
    same.
    5,6 weeks and nothing on line

Just called them a few minutes ago. Still nothing in their system. My credit card has not been charged yet.

The guy on the phone said to call back in a few days.

Just called them a few minutes ago. Still nothing in their system. My credit card has not been charged yet.

The guy on the phone said to call back in a few days.
    I called them at 15:00, the same answer.

Quote Originally Posted by coucou View Post
    I called them at 15:00, the same answer.
    Even after you get the license, its about another 2-3 weeks before you can shoot your restricted firearm lol. The transfer period and registration certificate arrival time can be almost 3 weeks. I was so happy to get my license in 45 days but had to wait another 3 weeks before taking to the range. I think with Non- restricted you can buy and shoot right away.