Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sterling R18 Shipment Just in! Now with trigger tech triggers!

All Sterling Rifles are now featuring a flat faced Trigger Tech trigger pack! Featuring a flat trigger shoe, zero creep, tactile reset and a crisp break.

Featuring the latest Sterling Arms Hybrid Handguard- full length picatinny rail on top, a 4" section of ARCA incorporated into the bottom, and full MLOK compatibility will have your R-18 ready for any situation. These new rails hit the sweet spot for weight and balance without compromising on the features that you expect out of a modern target rifle.

9D70ED0C-EAE5-449B-AEFE-A27C3FAD3B24.jpg

Link to current Sterling inventory!

2. The Following User Liked This Post By TSE.Chet

lone-wolf (04-14-2023)

Handled one at the Easter show.

It's sweet.

I was really impressed with the muzzle brake and that trigger tech trigger.

I'll probably sell some silver to pick one up...

How fitting... selling some silver bullion to pickup a Sterling rifle.
    "Father Time is undefeated. He's lost to nobody. Not even Mother Nature."

I'm with Harbl on the trigger, tried one on an AR. Just great.
    Muzzle break-- for a .223? Gimme a break.
    The Girl Power Gun Club approves, I guess.

But, I refuse to pay the NR tax.
    Price point is double what I'm willing to risk on the ever-expanding ban list.
    "If we had a vote tomorrow I would vote, once again, to keep the Registry..." - Justin Trudeau
    "... if Canadians are to trust their government, their government needs to trust Canadians." - Justin Trudeau
    The world still needs more Canada, it just needs less Justin Trudeau ~ Erin OToole

Quote Originally Posted by LB303 View Post
    Muzzle break-- for a .223? Gimme a break.
    The Girl Power Gun Club approves, I guess.
    Guess you don't like doing double taps, controlled pairs or tracing your bullet down range.

To each his own.

But, I refuse to pay the NR tax.
    Price point is double what I'm willing to risk on the ever-expanding ban list.
    I think of it as investing in and supporting Canadian businesses that take an even greater risk bring products like this to the Canadian market.

As consumers, we vote with our wallets.

I vote for The Shooting Edge and Sterling Arms.
    Last edited by harbl_the_cat; 04-13-2023 at 04:26 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By harbl_the_cat

DILLIGAF (04-13-2023), firemachine69 (04-21-2023)

The same old NR Tax comments from guys that dont have a clue what it actually cost to manufacture shit in this country.

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By DILLIGAF

lone-wolf (04-14-2023), Strangeday (05-20-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    The same old NR Tax comments from guys that dont have a clue what it actually cost to manufacture shit in this country.
    It definitely is a "tax" in the sense that it's an indirect tax imposed on consumers by the government, forcing producers to incur unnecessary costs to comply with asinine government regulations that in turn have to be passed on to their customers.

One other way to look at it is that without entrepreneurs with enough brains and balls to work around those government regulations, the cost to build anything would be infinitely more expensive - and as a consumer, I believe we need to rewards those entrepreneurs for their efforts, or else there will be none of them, and the free market will destroy the firearms community far more effectively than any government regulation ever could.

I picked up my Sterling last night.

I mounted an ACOG I bought from a CANSOF operator and will put a 45 offset Trijicon RMR on it... and hit the range sometime next week.

It feels really nice...

Pics and vids coming.

...as to the ban list...

Unvaccinated, mandate resisters were banned from society for almost 3 years...

Yet here I am... everywhere I go, I walk around with patches on my outfit that say: "Not vaccinated for COVID-19"

I was banned and denied fundamental human rights for 2 years... but the bans were lifted, and I feel fully justified in holding my head up high telling the world: "I did not comply."

I believe with conviction that there is a time in the future where we as gun owners will be able to do the same.

Back to the Sterling... what really sold me was JR letting me dry fire one at the Easter show, as well as these videos:

Knowing JR personally for 13 years, I've always admired his tenacity, entrepreneurial spirit, and passion for the sport.

I'm happy to support his business with this purchase (as well as being a long term member at his range).

Before the Reddit trolls dig up old skeletons, I say we're all human and any grievance we have with one another that predate Trudeau are irrelevant compared to what we're all going through right now.

To quote Uzi from Murder Drones:

2023-04-14_9-56-36.jpg

JR's done so much more for the community in the aftermath of Trudeau, that I think it's silly for any of us to hold to grudges about any nonsense that happened prior...

TLDR - Go out there, buy a Sterling... or just hit up TSE , buy a day pass, and rent one...

You won't be worse off if you do either and you'll be supporting Canadian firearms businesses that need your support now more than ever...

(Don't forget, those businesses also employ some amazing staff... and the guys and girls who work at retail gun stores and gun manufacturers are the cream of the crop of the Canadian labour market, IMO... shout out to the TSE staff for walking me through and answering my questions).
    Last edited by harbl_the_cat; 04-14-2023 at 09:57 AM.

These videos also sold it for me:

This thing is frigging sweet

Video: [url]https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-C7fzWXGox8[/url

2023-04-20_18-43-32.jpg
    Last edited by harbl_the_cat; 04-27-2023 at 02:37 PM.

Accuracy report with cheap ammo and a good reload:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/YCjANJaYdV8

2023-04-27_14-16-56.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by harbl_the_cat View Post
    This thing is frigging sweet

Video: [url]https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-C7fzWXGox8[/url

2023-04-20_18-43-32.jpg
    Have you handled any of the other 180 rifles besides this one? I have only handled a early WK 180 but considering picking one of these up. I am going to have to stop and check these rifles out next time I am in Calgary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast