Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Canadian ForcesR.I.P. Billythreefeathers's Avatar

How do I transfer a RESTRICTED fire arm to a buyer

How do I transfer a RESTRICTED fire arm to a buyer

been a while since I have sold a restricted fire arm,, some one point me in the right direction and not the RCMP site,, been there and wasted lots of time

Tanks

He pays you.
    You get his RPAL info.
    You hold certificate in your hand.
    You call, tell them you want to start a transfer
    They ask for serial number and maybe other details (on certificate)
    They give you a transfer number
    You give that to buyer
    He completes the transfer
    Deliver item to happy buyer by person or Canada Post.
    Signature required, insurance as per buyer request as it’s no longer yours at that point.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Just added a couple things.

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    He pays you.
    You get his RPAL info.
    You hold certificate in your hand.
    You call, tell them you want to start a transfer
    They ask for serial number and maybe other details (on certificate)
    They give you a transfer number
    You give that to buyer
    He completes the transfer by calling into the firearms center, same as you did.
    You wait to recieve a notice in the mail that the transfer has been approved
    Deliver item to happy buyer by person or Canada Post.
    Signature required, insurance as per buyer request as it’s no longer yours at that point.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

4. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

Billythreefeathers (01-31-2019), SIR VEYOR (01-30-2019), Tonsper (03-25-2019)

What certificate is that?
    "Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men" -JFK

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds the timid join him for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissArmyMan View Post
    That little beige piece of paper the Miramichi folks send you with all the particulars of the restricted/prohibited firearm.
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Just added a couple things.
    Well you don't need to wait for them to mail the TAN. You can call and confirm. They will ask if I need a ATT and transfer me then.

Quote Originally Posted by SwissArmyMan View Post
    Registration certificate. ( Yellow card )

Well you need to gather the buyer contact info ( phone/email.. Other then a username on a forum ) Name and PAL

Then you call 1800 731 4000, follow prompts 1 4 2.. English, transfer section, and continue.

You say you want to start a transfer, they will ask if you are the buyer or seller. They will ask your info, name, address, PAL # place of birth etc. Then which firearm you be transferring. So they will ask for the registration certificate number, make, model, serial number. And then the buyers name and PAL number..

They will give you a reference number to give to the buyer. They will call and confirm their info. Depending on the buyers province ( buyers province CFO approves ) call in a few days to check on it. Once complete you box it up good ( I use zip ties alot ) and call the CFO to get a short term ATT to take the restricted to the post office.

Naturally make sure everything is unloaded and no ammo to be shipped. Don't need to tell them what it is. Say no to dangerous good. You must ship by ground.. No xpresspost. And you need a signature required.

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RobertMcC

lone-wolf (01-30-2019), SwissArmyMan (01-30-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Well you need to gather the buyer contact info ( phone/email.. Other then a username on a forum ) Name and PAL
    And address.
    The Canadian Firearms Program will want the buyer's PAL/Expiry, Name (as it appears on the PAL) and Address (the one the PAL is registered to). Maybe something else, but they'll want those four.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    You must ship by ground.. No xpresspost.
    I thought that was only ammo.
    That it was ok to ship firearms by the quickest means that Canada Post offered, that allowed for a signature required.

If there's something that says "adult" required, that's better. Otherwise you might end up in the newspaper with "child received gun, signed for it." as was in the papers earlier this year.

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    I thought that was only ammo.
    That it was ok to ship firearms by the quickest means that Canada Post offered, that allowed for a signature required.

If there's something that says "adult" required, that's better. Otherwise you might end up in the newspaper with "child received gun, signed for it." as was in the papers earlier this year.
    Firearms too.

Firearms cannot be shipped via air and cannot have any markings on the outside of the packaging. The customer is solely responsible for meeting all Canadian Firearms Centre
    regulations.
    Service To Be Used
    Consumer- Regular Parcel with Signature option.

Contract customer-Expedited Parcel with the Proof of Age (18 or 19) option using EST. Visit Section Mail addressed to children of Policies for an age of majority by province or territory listing.

12. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

RangeBob (01-30-2019)

So, both sides have to call in separately?
    What if you're in the same room?
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast