Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    www.aztecharmory.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by Edenchef View Post
    OMG! [IMG][/IMG] So, now we will have to rely on the "judgement" call of an LEO and hope they got, read, and understood the memo about no more rivets? I think I like my rivets. The possible fail is strong with this one. [IMG][/IMG]
    If you want rivets we can do that, all you have to is is specify that when you order them.
    It's Not Always a Matter of Need...

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Marshall

Edenchef (06-24-2015)

www.aztecharmory.ca
    Excerpt from Memorandum D19-13-2

Alteration or modification of a magazine

59. A prescribed cartridge magazine that has been altered or re-manufactured so that it is not capable of containing more than five or ten cartridges, as the case may be, of the type for which it was originally designed is not a prohibited device as prescribed by that provision if the modification to the magazine cannot be easily removed and the magazine cannot be easily further altered so that it is capable of containing more than five or ten cartridges, as the case may be.

60. For the purposes of the above, altering or re-manufacturing a cartridge magazine includes:

(a) the indentation of its casing by forging, casting, swaging or impressing;
    (b) in the case of a cartridge magazine with a steel or aluminum casing, the insertion and attachment of a plug, sleeve, rod, pin, flange or similar device, made of steel or aluminum, as the case may be, or of a similar material, to the inner surface of its casing by welding, brazing or any other similar method; or
    (c) in the case of a cartridge magazine with a casing made of a material other than steel or aluminum, the attachment of a plug, sleeve, rod, pin, flange or similar device, made of steel or of a material similar to that of the magazine casing, to the inner surface of its casing by welding, brazing or any other similar method or by applying a permanent adhesive substance, such as cement, epoxy or other glue.

61. This is not necessarily an all-exhaustive list and therefore not the only acceptable methods of converting magazines to five or fewer shots capacity for rifles/shotguns or ten or less for handguns.

www.aztecharmory.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by mister donut View Post
    Sorry, we've already sold all the ones that came in on the June import so I can't get pics for you now, but I'll get some of the next batch and post up then.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    If you want rivets we can do that, all you have to is is specify that when you order them.
    Sorry, Marshal. We really need a sarcasm smiley here on GOC. I think what you have done is great. I was trying to poke fun at the fact that the average serving LEO cannot/does not even care to understand the current regulations about firearms. Now I have to carry ANOTHER piece of paper to educate these neanderthal LEO's about the very law's that THEY are supposed to be enforcing. My point is: if these morons are not properly trained in the law, why is it my responsibility to educate them....for free. Educating them on the law is the obligation/duty of the Government and that is what I supposedly pay some taxes for....educating these thugs, before they f___kup somebodies life, by their ignorance/lack of proper training. If ignorance of the law is not a defense for a citizen; why is it tolerated/allowed/even encouraged for LEO's? We all know the answer....$$$$$$. These are the new "Sheriffs of Nottingham"; collecting the hidden taxes(fines) for their masters(government) bloated treasury.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Edenchef

Marshall (06-24-2015)

Thank you Marshall for elaborating on the legalities.

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By short1

Doug_M (06-25-2015), Edenchef (06-24-2015)

www.aztecharmory.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by short1 View Post
    Ummm are you sure this is legal ? As in accepted by the Law? Cops are used to seeing rivets. I was just reading this :

http://blueline.ca/articles/purposiv...interpretation
    This is a very good point... The court is not in the wrong here.
    Here's another excerpt from Memorandum D19-13-2

56. A magazine is a device or container from which ammunition may be fed into the firing chamber of a firearm. This can be an internal or external component of the firearm. For CBSA purposes, any box, body or case of a disassembled magazine will be deemed a magazine, even if at the time of examination it does not contain a follower or spring.

Note that it says "for CBSA purposes". In this case the empty bodies were being imported with no internal parts installed, so that's where the problem arose. The law also states the all magazines must be limited in their capacity prior to import. If they were complete magazines blocked to five rounds there would not have been the issue.
    The law also says that rivets must fit tightly and not be loose. This works okay in steel bodied magazines, but in polymer the rivets tend to work loose after use. Every time you load the mag the follower pushes against the rivet and elongates the hole slightly. I've seen some that are so loose after several hundred reloads you can fit six rounds in them and then you have a prohibited device without even realizing it.

Banned
    I totally agree, sir. But try telling Ian T that he was legal.

www.aztecharmory.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by short1 View Post
    Thank you Marshall for elaborating on the legalities.
    You're welcome!

www.aztecharmory.ca

Cool

I'm sure the sarcasm smiley would get a lot of use in discussions such as this...

13. The Following User Liked This Post By Marshall

Edenchef (06-25-2015)

So, just to be clear; an unaltered magazine body without parts is only illegal when you try to import it? As an unassembled magazine body already in Canada without a rivet, indent or other body attached blocking device, that is legal?

Wasn't there case law on this already? I do believe there was a guy trying to import bodies by themselves to be pinned in Canada. He was charged, and convicted. What is to stop someone from being charged with an unassembled magazine body that hasn't been modified to limit to 5 because a baseplate block is being used?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast